Blachford Lake Lodge was acquired in 1981 by the current owner, Canadian and long time Yellowknife-resident Mike Freeland, who has been committed throughout to conserving the area’s land, water and natural resources. Comprising just one cabin initially, Mike has since added four more guest cabins and, in 1999, the custom-designed lodge, built from locally harvested spruce, and incorporating solar panels, The lodge building is oriented so that the roof overhang and half the windows face south. This provides shade in the summer and heat through the windows in the winter. A tour of the lodge facilities is part of your Blachford stay.
Owned In: Yukon Territories
Last Updated September 15, 2022
All Packages Include:
- Flightseeing charter Yellowknife – Blachford – Yellowknife
- Lodge or cabin accommodation
- Welcome orientation
- All meals
- All snacks
- Coffee, tea, juice
- Use of hot tub and sauna
- Handicraft workshops in the lodge
- Introduction and hints about aurora photography
- Use of Lodge Facilities: Dining room, Aurora lounge, fireplaces, northern library, bathrooms with showers, basins and toilets, hot tub, sauna, open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment (canoes, kayaks, hiking trails, 2 hour fishing excursion, motorized boat)
- Two hour interperative experience each day
- Access to some of the best Aurora viewing in the world
- Aurora Watch service
- Yoga equipment for personal use
- High speed wireless internet (basic package of 250 MB/day provided for each guest – additional use is an extra cost)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- All rates are per person and are quoted in Canadian dollars. Please add 5% goods and services tax and 10% gratuities.
- Single supplement requests (private, single occupancy) add 25% to the package rate
- Please double check with our office for availability prior to booking your flights in/out of your home city and Yellowknife.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver when booking.
- While it is not mandatory, we 100% recommend all guests ensure they have emergency medical coverage prior to visiting the lodge.
- Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival date.
Contact Blachford Lake Lodge & Wilderness Resort
More Yellowknife Hotels / Accommodations