Boehmers, established in 1875 by Reinhardt Boehmer in the Town of Berlin, (now Kitchener) is the second oldest business in the region. The Boehmer family owned and operated the company until 1968 when it was sold to long time employee Milt Good under the name of M. R. Good Holdings Ltd.
In 1973, St. Lawrence Cement purchased the company and operated all of the divisions (ready mix concrete, heating and cooling services, fuel oil and concrete block), again retaining the Boehmers name. In a strategic decision late in 2002, St. Lawrence decided to divest the company of all non-core products. Long term employee and Boehmers General Manager, Paul Hargest decided to jump at the opportunity and successfully bid on the Block Division. Ownership changed to the newly formed Hargest Block Ltd. at the end of 2003 but proudly continues to operate under the Boehmers name.
Owned In: Nova Scotia
Made In Cambridge, ON:
- Masonry Blocks