Based in Greater Vancouver, The ChariTree Foundation supports nature-based environmental education projects for children and youth across Canada and around the world.
Founded By: Andrea Koehle Jones of Bowen Island
Last Verified April 10, 2021
The ChariTree Foundation is an environmental charity that:
- supports environmental education for children and youth;
- funds outdoor classrooms at schools and children’s camps in an effort to support outdoor learning programs, green schools and EcoSchools;
- strives to introduce children’s and teens to the wonders of nature so they will become #EnvironmentalLeaders;
- supports environmental #conservation and #reforestation projects as well as protecting #old-growthforests so they will be there for children in future generations;
- supports children and youth working on #climatechange solutions;
- introduces kids to the wonders of #nature through outdoor learning classes, #treeplanting projects, reading environment books for youth, and helping kids reduce stress and get off screens and outside more.