The Cat’s Meow Pet Sitting Service – In 2000, I moved to BC’s Cariboo region where I lived for 15 years on my family’s 1000 acre horse and cattle ranch surrounded by and caring for animals of all sizes. It is during this time I began pet sitting and doing home checks for people part time. I also became a Registered Nutritionist, obtained my degree in Travel & Tourism, and travelled extensively through over 40 countries in Europe, South America, the Caribbean, and Mexico. Vancouver island called me back in 2015 where I resided with my husband Darren, 2 elderly rescue cats and two rescued chihuahuas for 5 years.
While living on Vanouver Island, I began my pet sitting and home check business full time and obtained a long list of clientele. I have been blessed with being a “mom” to over 20 unique cats and over 20 beautiful dogs in my life, all rescues and several have been disabled. My first cat was a beautiful pure white cat named Fluffy who had one blue eye and one green eye, a bright pink nose and loved cauliflower and corn on the cob. My first dog was a beagle cross named Tippy who I loved to dress up in my doll clothes! I adore all animals! I really feel I have a special connection with them. My dream, which I am determined to fulfill, is to have an animal sanctuary that gives unwanted, elderly, and disabled animals a “furever” home and I will name it after my beautiful Irish Setter Hannah.
Owned In: BC
The Cat’s Meow Pet Sitting Services:
- Feeding as per your instructions
- Clean fresh water each visit
- Food & water dishes cleaned each visit
- Litter box and area cleaned each visit
- Peepads replaced and area cleaned each visit
- Clean bedding if required
- Garbage taken out
- Lots of TLC, cuddles, and playtime
- I provide new toys for your pets at no extra charge!
- Basic brushing and nail clipping at no extra charge!
- Bathing of small dogs (additional charge of $25 for the first dog and $10 for additional dogs, provided I have time during the scheduled visit)
- Medications administered (liquid, pill, or cream only, no injections) and small wounds cleaned
- Reinforcement command training as per your instructions
- Lots of outside time (in fenced yard only). Dogs must wear a collar with pet ID. Cats must have collar with ID, harness and leash
- Overall home security checks
- EXTRAS like picking up your mail if close by