The ChariTree Foundation is a registered Canadian charity and United Nations climate observer organization. Based in Greater Vancouver, ChariTree supports nature-based environmental education projects for children and youth across Canada and around the world. Let’s get kids off screens and outdoors more. These days many children have less time and fewer opportunities to connect with nature. This is a real loss because research shows that contact with nature makes kids feel better about themselves. We can start by educating our youth about the environment and supporting our schools, #EcoSchools and summer camps to lead the way in creating sustainable communities and environmental leaders.
Owned In: British Columbia
Last Updated November 24, 2021
The ChariTree Foundation is an environmental charity that:
- supports environmental education for children and youth;
- funds outdoor classrooms at schools and children’s camps in an effort to support outdoor learning programs, green schools and EcoSchools;
- strives to introduce children’s and teens to the wonders of nature so they will become #EnvironmentalLeaders;
- supports environmental #conservation and #reforestation projects as well as protecting #old-growthforests so they will be there for children in future generations;
- supports children and youth working on #climatechange solutions;
- introduces kids to the wonders of #nature through outdoor learning classes, #treeplanting projects, reading environment books for youth, and helping kids reduce stress and get off screens and outside more.